Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hours.

I leave for France in less than four hours now. We leave for the airport in an hour and a half. So much time to prepare, and now I just have hours and several long plane rides separating me from something that's been building up for so long and that I have put so much work, thought effort, and not to mention money into.

There is so much weighing down on this trip its kind of overwhelming. I am fine now, but I have a feeling like its all going to be a lot to take in all at once. Not only that, but I will have to perform well too and learn the language and take full advantage of my experiences there, which is more of what is stressing me out. Part of me just wants to sleep after all of this preparation (its been exhausting!!), but I need to be awake and aware for the next six weeks.
A friend today told me I was powerful... and even though it was just a silly random comment it made me feel better because I know that to some degree its true. I can take this on and I have my best friend in the whole world going with me... Bless her, she is amazing. And I have God to guide/protect me. I shouldn't be worried. I just need to hold up my end of the deal, and I'll find the strength to do that somewhere.

I feel like I'm about to jump out of a plane to skydive....

I pray this goes well... and hopefully sometime when I'm out of my tired state of this moment I'll find boldness and not worry so much. Its an adventure... and there is nothing I love more than an adventure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment