Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bad Habit (maybe?): (June 4)

"Assume the worst, and you won't get (as) hurt (or surprised and caught off guard at least). "


I hate that I always tend to expect the worst from people... and I hate more that I haven't been proved wrong enough to consider it a good idea to work on changing this train of thought. 

Not that I don't think everyone is bad (quite the opposite really). I just feel like we are all so crooked, even the best of us, that its too risky and dangerous to  trust anyone or thing too much. Yet, I wonder if I make things worse by assuming... I know I have, but I don't always know. And that's just the thing... I don't know, so I always brace myself just in case

I am realizing more and more that this is a sorry way to live, but still....

No comments:

Post a Comment